One Charity. One Problem. One Goal.
Unlike many charities that do many different things, The Smile Train mission is focused on solving a single problem: cleft lip and palate.
Clefts are a major problem in developing countries where there are millions of children who are suffering with unrepaired clefts. Most cannot eat or speak properly. Aren’t allowed to attend school or hold a job. And face very difficult lives filled with shame and isolation, pain and heartache.
The good news is every single child with a cleft can be helped with surgery that costs as little as $250 and takes as little as 45 minutes.
This is our mission:
-To provide free cleft surgery for millions of poor children in developing countries.
-To provide free cleft-related training for doctors and medical professionals.
Until there are no more children who need help and we have completely
eradicated the problem of clefts.
What Makes The Smile Train Different:
* Focused on a single problem: cleft lip and palate.
* Teach a man to fish: we empower local doctors in developing countries.
* The lowest cost per surgery of any cleft charity.
* Best safety and quality record amongst cleft charities.
* We bring your donations to the poorest countries on earth which magnifies the impact.
* We help children in 77 of the world's poorest countries.