Home Visit Healing Recipes Go to Holistic Nutrition
Oil and Water
by Wendy Cuba-Danca, HHC
Editor's Note from Neda Smith: Are you dealing with aches and pains? Or maybe you are dealing with anxiety or digestive problems. Whatever your ailments may be, Wendy Cuba-Danca is providing some natural solutions using essential oils and the use of water in your diet to help relieve you of your symptoms. In fact, Wendy cured her back problems by using these recommendations.
What are two critical things that are present in my health coaching practice? Oil and Water. Let me explain why…
I am not talking about cooking oil or the oil that makes a door stop squeaking, I’m talking about certified, pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils and I can’t get enough of them. Not only are their aromas amazing but also the health benefits are incredible and there are so many uses for them. Essential oils are natural, aromatic compounds extracted from seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers and other parts of the plants. They have been used in many cultures throughout history. They are used aromatically, applied topically, and for most of them they can be taken internally.
Here are some of the most popular doTERRA essential oils and their benefits:
* CINNAMON - known for many properties but mostly for its cleansing properties and usefulness with aches and pains.
* EUCALYPTUS – it’s a key ingredient in cough and throat ointments. Used widely for both its calming and clearing properties and to ease breathing.
* FRANKINCENSE - possibly the most precious of the ancient oils: supports relaxation, immune system, and mood enhancements.
* LAVENDAR - calms anxiety and soothes emotions.
* LEMON – powerful aromatic, topical and internal cleanser and can be compliment to many other oils. Diffuse lemon in a room to cleanse the air and uplift the mood.
* OREGANO – used as a cleansing agent as well as for digestive and respiratory support.
* PEPPERMINT - useful to ease breathing and as a digestive aid. Apply to neck and forehead with lavender to calm headaches.
* ROMAN CHAMOMILE – used widely for its calming properties especially to soothe the systems of the body and helps to support a healthy inflammatory response.
We always hear that we need to drink water and for good reason. Water along with air is essential to human life. Some people don’t like to drink it but its too important not too.
If you don’t like plain water, here are some things you can do:
* Add 1-3 drops of doTERRA essential oils to your water- like lemon, peppermint, or wild orange
* Add slices of fruit
* Drink tea with lemon and/or honey
* Adding fresh lemon or lime juice
* Drinking plain hot water to de-congest your lymph. This is an Ayurvedic technique from Dr. John Douillard. To do it, you sip on hot water every 10-15 minutes throughout the day. Do it religiously for one day. If by the end of that day you are experiencing a dry mouth and are now thirsty for this once tasteless sip of hot water, this is a good indication you are dehydrated and your lymph is congested. If this happens, try this re-hydration therapy: sip hot water every 10-15 minutes for 2 weeks straight. Keep a thermos of hot water nearby to make it easy to follow this protocol.
* In addition to sipping hot water as part of the lymph moving re-hydration technique, try to drink 1/2 your ideal body weight in ounces per day for two weeks as well. For example, if you weigh 140 lbs, drink 70 ounces of water (almost 9 glasses) per day.
Some other benefits for drinking water:
1. Helps with weight loss
2. Natural remedy for headache
3. Helps look younger and healthier
4. Keeps our brain alert
5. Aids in Digestion
6. Helps flush out toxins
7. We can also use water to relax ourselves like in a bath (add essential oils to 1 cup of Epsom salt and add to bath)
8. Soothe an upset stomach by using a hot water bottle (or use a drop of peppermint oil in your water).
9. Frozen water (aka ice) is extremely helpful in healing our sore muscles (I have oils for that too!)
Just a side note: Although I am passionate about both oil and water they don’t mix very well together. You should never use water to dilute the essential oil. Since water and oil do not mix, placing water over the essential oil can actually drive the oil deeper into the tissue increasing a feeling of discomfort. Placing a carrier oil (like fractioned coconut oil or olive oil) will cause the essential oil to mix well helping to relieve discomfort.
As a Health Coach and Independent Product Consultant, I would love to talk to you about your health needs, goals and what essential oils and wellness products are right for you.
Please "Add a Comment" at the bottom of this page or blog in our Forum here.
Please do not use apostrophes in your comments.
About the Author
Wendy is a Certified Holistic Health Coach who specializes in working with people with Chronic Conditions. She helps guide her clients out of the entrapment of unhealthy body into a more pleasurable and healthy existence. Wendy graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in 2010 and in 2011 took a Professional Course at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating. Currently, Wendy is attending Functional Diagnostic Nutrition and is an independent product consultant for dÃ...ÂTERRA essential oils and wellness products.
Health Coaching: Your Wellness With Wendy: www.yourwellnesswithwendy.com
Secrets of Fit and Healthy People Blog: www.secretsoffitandhealthypeople.com
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org